Alpin Sales Inc. Business Concept
Alpin Sales is a Sales and Service Company that focuses on the needs of the manufacturers it represents. We are equally committed to sales and service to ensure sell through.
Alpin Sales, Inc. provides sales and service for its brands by breaking the territory into smaller, more personalized regions. This enables Alpin Sales to effectively manage sales, service, and distribution relationships across all retail categories in the region. We have the knowledge and familiarity within our regions to effectively manage distribution and adapt with the market as it is changing.
Mission, Vision and Values
We are a sales agency that is responsive, forward-thinking, and excited to share our knowledge of products with our customers through providing unparalleled sales, service and brand promotion and education.
Alpin Sales strives to be a key contributor to the success of our vendor and retail partners by using a team-based sales management strategy focusing on innovation, integrity and passion. By building successful businesses we will help customers obtain the products that allow them to find their own passion in the outdoors.
PRIORITIES OF FOCUS AND VALUES
Efficient and responsive communication
Making decisions that positively affect the environment and people around us
Measuring and evaluating all financial decisions
Innovative, motivated, self-accountable work ethic
Treating others with respect, compassion and a general family atmosphere
The Territory Break Down
THE SALES and SERVICE TEAM
Mark Vaughn: The Colorado Front Range including Denver metro, Fort Collins, Winter Park, Vail, Aspen and Key Accounts in Colorado (Vail Resort Retail, Christy Sports, Alterra and Sierra Trading Post)
Meg Fogg: Internet specialist and key account manager in UT (Backcountry.com, Jan’s and CampSaver), Northern Utah (Logan, Ogden, Park City)
James Hicks: Service and sales specialist: Utah’s Wasatch Front, Southern Utah, Jackson, WY and South Western Colorado. Manages the service team and creates strategies for better service plans. Manages the Alpin website.
Jimmy Elam: Service assistant to key accounts, sales and service representative to New Mexico, Wyoming and major specialty run accounts in Salt Lake City.
Scott Peller: Sales and service representative for Front Range, Southern Wyoming, Summit County, CO and South Central Colorado.
Alex Hutson: Tech Rep for Colorado
WHAT WE DO and HOW WE DO IT
Sales and Service
• Determine sales goals and review sales history by account (create a sales forecast by account).
• Review and present the sales program to each retailer.
• Create a service plan for each region and retail category with schedules for the season to be followed.
• Create a key account strategy and service plan for each season.
• Utilize a sales tracking system to determine end of season sales compared with booked sales. Use this tool to help determine new goals and forecasts.
Key Account Sales
• Complete and trustworthy relationship with buying team and merchandisers.
• Create detailed business plan by season.
• Work with marketing to create personalized programs and assets.
• Monthly touch base on sales, sell through, futures and relationship building
• Frequent updated report cards to brand sales managers.
Key Account Service Plan
• A blueprint template (planagram) of all product placements on the fixtures to be used
• Replenishment plan per store / back stock
• POS support to be used, and signs and headers for fixtures
• Staff promotions / giveaways / employee discount forms to be handed out by team members
• Possible sales contest to be presented to staff
• Perform inventory and relocate inventory to improve sell through. Relocate (re-merchandise for better visibility).
• Perform clinics to position brand with staff and show features / benefit of products sold. May be teaching sales and Merchandising 101.
• Brand positioning kit to contain the following;
1. Brand positioning statement
2. Catalogs: features / benefit of product
3. Tech manuals for products
4. Sales and merchandising general information
5. More staff branding giveaways
6. Copies of employee discounts and special deals
By using a combination of technology, tools, relationships, and a team-based approach we aim to provide the most personalized and consistent service in the industry. We have over 25 years of sales experience in the Rockies and combined countless hours in the backcountry in a variety of sports including biking, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowshoeing, running, paddling, fishing and mountaineering. Our team is a close-knit group of friends that communicate effectively and often to create the most consistent experience for our customers and vendors.
In our 25 years as a sales agency we have grown business with key retailers and specialty retailers despite a challenging market. Over the years, we have represented many brands, therefore our product knowledge is vast. We have strong relationships with our retailers, giving them trust and confidence that we bring them quality gear from trusted brands, as well as help introduce them to up and coming product to help move their business forward.
Our philosophy revolves around being communicative, honest, responsive and respectful. Our passion is to improve the world around us by making responsible decisions and treating others with compassion while enjoying the activities that the outdoor industry provides.